Working as a writing tutor is a uniquely rewarding experience where the tutor can work with students from all disciplines across campus. Students from any major can benefit from developing professional skills as a writing tutor such as interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
How to Apply
- All tutors must maintain a 3.0 GPA and have passed ENG 1321 and ENG 1322 with a B or higher.
- All applicants must submit a recommendation from at least two faculty members.
- All applicants must submit one academic writing sample.
- All new tutors must pass a training regimen their first full semester of tutoring in order to be considered to continue tutoring in subsequent semesters. After the first semester, tutors will continue to be involved in professional development training.
- Ability to communicate with students and a genuine desire to help them is a must.
- All tutors must follow all UMHB and WC policies.