To sign up for your writing tutor session, you will be signing into our scheduling system at the Writing Center. Follow these steps:
- Go to www.umhb.edu/wco and sign-in using your OneLogin credentials.
- Fill out the new client form. You can choose how the system will notify you about appointments that you have created under the email options category. (If you have visited the Writing Center before, you may already be in the system and can skip this step).
- Click on the calendar icon next to “Next Week” and select the date you would like to sign up for an appointment.
- Find a white bock of time (where no one has already scheduled an appointment) and click on the time you would like to come in for a session. All appointments start on the hour. On the left, you will see which tutors are available so you can choose who to work with in your session. Do not sign up for a group appointment with someone listed as a workshop unless instructed to do so. Workshops are created for specific courses.
- Fill out the form with all relevant information (form opens in a new window). Click on “Save Appointment." Your appointment will be reserved.
- If you have selected to receive email notifications, you will receive confirmation that you have made an appointment.
- Scheduled appointments start on the hour and typically last 45 minutes. Your session may be shorter than this, but you will still reserve a 45 minute block of time.
- Sessions must last at least 15 minutes to count for a required visit.
- One session, one paper. If you need to come in for two papers, schedule two separate appointments so that you can fully focus on one at a time.
- You can schedule appointments up to two weeks in advance.
- Please arrive for sessions on time. If you are more than ten minutes late, you will be counted as a “no show.”
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please cancel the appointment online as early as possible. You may cancel an appointment up to two hours before the session. Sessions canceled after this time will be counted as “no shows.”
- After you have received a “no show” you will not be able to sign up for future sessions. If you come in person to the Writing Center, you may still get an appointment at that time.
- Be prepared. Bring all materials relating to the paper to the writing center and have questions ready for the session.
If you have any difficulties in signing up for an appointment, visit the Writing Center in person and a tutor will assist you or you can call (254) 295-5457