An undergraduate student failing to meet the following minimum standards during a Fall or a Spring semester is automatically placed on academic probation for the ensuing “long” semester:
- Freshman 0-29 semester hours earned 1.8 GPA on cumulative hours attempted
- Sophomore 30-59 semester hours earned 2.0 GPA on cumulative hours attempted
- Junior 60-89 semester hours earned 2.0 GPA on cumulative hours attempted
- Senior 90 + semester hours earned 2.0 GPA on cumulative hours attempted
A student who enters the University on academic probation or who is placed on academic probation is expected to conform to the following regulations:
- Reduce academic load to a maximum of 12 semester hours
- Adjust work program to better fit the academic needs of the student
- Attend all classes
- Adhere to individualized academic action plan if deemed necessary by the student’s academic Dean.
To be removed from academic probation, a student must achieve all of the following:
- If the student wishes to be removed by taking course work in summer terms must obtain preapproval from their respective dean.
- Earn a grade of “D” or higher in at least 12 hours of full-time coursework at UMHB in the ensuing “long” semester.
- Achieve a term 2.0 GPA during the ensuing “long” semester.
- Achieve the overall GPA level required for the student’s classification.
- Fulfill individualized academic action plan if required by academic Dean.